|May 29, 2013||Filled under Cleaning, DIY|
Popular fabric refresher sprays you can buy are full of some very toxic ingredients but you can make your own and avoid those ingredients. Making your own will also save you money and allow you to choose your own scent.
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Baking soda
- Essential Oils (start with around 20 drops and add more if needed)
- 2 cup Water
- Spray bottle
- Mix water, vodka, baking soda, and essential oils.
- Spray and see if the scent is the strength you want, add more if needed.
- That’s all! Be sure to shake before each use.
Couldn’t get a lot easier. The latest scent I made is a mix of lime, orange, and bergamot. It’s a lovely spring scent. I love to make peppermint for Christmas time and cinnamon and orange for fall. Coming up with your own scents can be a lot of fun if you have several essential oils to play around with. I watch for good sales and stock up on essential oils so I don’t have to spend too much at once.
If you make this I would love to hear what scent you use. Share in the comments below or on my Facebook page.
*This post is linked up to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, be sure to check it out.