Fall is fast approaching and it’s time to think about doing your seasonal/semi-annual cleaning. Big cleanings like this can feel so overwhelming. Where do you even start?! I know I’m already a bit overwhelmed at the thought of all the cleaning I need to do.
I’ve got some tips to help make your fall cleaning, and mine, a little bit easier and better. Once you are done you will have a beautiful clean home ready for the new season.
*This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.*
Fall Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Don’t Do It All At Once. There is no way you can get everything done in one day. Depending on what’s on your list and your size home it could take a week or two, even more. Make your list and figure out how much time you want to spend each day. Then just work down your list each day for the amount of time you have set aside for it.
- Choose Natural Cleaning Products. Using natural products to clean with will not only help the environment but will also help you breath better and have a safer home.
- Work From the Top Down. When cleaning you should always start on the top and work your way down. Dust and dirt may fall as you are cleaning and you don’t want to mess up your hard work.
- Donate What You Can. Avoid throwing out things that can still be used. This can make you feel better about your efforts because someone in need is being helped. It also can motivate you to get rid of more stuff.
- Give Yourself a Reward. Having a reward planned for when you are done can help motivate you. I like to decorate my home for fall after it’s all clean. I love decorating so this is a great reward and motivator for me. On a smaller scale, a cup of hot tea after each day’s cleaning helps me unwind.
Bonus Tip: Use your mornings wisely! When your morning starts off right the restof your day is set up for success. I recommend checking out the Make Over Your Mornings online course. It’s a 14-day online course that takes only 15 minutes a day. It will help you to use your mornings better and to set up the rest of your day well. And don’t worry, it’s not about getting up earlier, just about using your time better! If you aren’t sure it’s for you, you can get the first day free to check it out!
Linked up with Motivation Monday.