This white chocolate peppermint popcorn is perfect for holiday parties. It takes only a few minutes to make and everyone will love it.
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and parties. And holiday parties means delicious food. There are a lot of fun store bought treats you can bring to parties now but it’s more fun to bring a homemade treat.
The only problem with homemade treats is it’s such a busy time of the year. Over the last couple of years, I’ve been working to make the holidays less stressful and slow them down a bit. It’s still a work in progress but I’m getting there.
One thing I’ve been doing is finding ways to make fun treats with little shortcuts. I still want them to have good ingredients and be delicious but I don’t want to spend hours making them.
We often put out a bowl of popcorn when we have guests over. It’s such an easy snack that most people enjoy. It’s simple to make yourself on the stove but there are also some really good brands out there that have simple ingredients. I really like Skinny Pop and also the Target and Walgreens organic store brands are really good.
I decided this year to come up with a fun twist on our favorite party snack of popcorn for the holidays. Since peppermint is my favorite holiday flavor that had to be included so I decided on white chocolate peppermint popcorn.
White chocolate isn’t my favorite most of the time but it goes so well with peppermint. My husband likes peppermint but isn’t as obsessed as I am but he really enjoys this popcorn. I have to say it can be a bit addictive!
You can also easily half this recipe if you just want to make some for yourself. That’s what I did when making some for this post. I figured we didn’t need 10 cups of it around for just my husband and me.
You can also do a lot of fun things with this recipe. Some crushed pretzels would be delicious. Or drizzles some dark chocolate over the top, yum!
- 10 cup popcorn (lightly salted or plain)
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 6-7 candy canes (crushed)
- optional: sprinkles
- Have your popcorn in a large bowl or on a large lined cookie sheet.
- Melt your white chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave for 15-30 minute intervals at half power.
- Mix melted white chocolate with the peppermint extract.
- Pour white chocolate over popcorn, if using a large bowl mix gently.
- Sprinkle over the top or mix in crushed candy canes and sprinkles.
- Let set at room temperature and store in an airtight container.
Need help planning your holiday party? Use my Christmas planner to stay organized.