Looking for a really quick and easy Halloween treat? These white chocolate-covered mummy cookies are really easy to make and adorable. There is even a gluten-free version of this recipe.
While Christmas is my favorite holiday, I still really enjoy Halloween. I love all the fun treats, the costumes, and decorating of the house.
I don’t spend nearly enough time baking fun things for Halloween as I do Christmas. I wanted to create some new recipes to use for Halloween this year and one that I thought would be fun is mummy cookies made from white chocolate-covered chocolate sandwich cookies.
It’s such an easy treat but still very cute. And you can make it all natural if you use natural chocolate sandwich cookies, I used the Whole Foods brand, and natural white chocolate, which I also got from Whole Foods.
You could even make this gluten-free by using a gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookie. Or if you aren’t worried about it being natural and you need it to be even easier, you can use the white fudge-covered Oreos and skip the first step.
These also don’t have to be perfect. When I made them there was white chocolate over the edge of the cookies because of excess chocolate but I don’t care. They are still cute. You can also add a bit of coconut oil, about 1/2 a teaspoon to make the chocolate smoother. Again it just depends on how perfect you want them.
These would be great for a Halloween party or little treat bags. I think my husband and I will eat some while watching a Halloween movie and have our own little Halloween party.
It’s really easy to make a large amount of these or just a quick dozen. And as long as you are careful with the melted chocolate it can be a fun treat to make with kids.
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 24 mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a double boiler, I used a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water, melt one cup of your white chocolate. You can also use the microwave, just be careful as it will melt fast.
- Once your chocolate has melted, take one cookie at a time on a fork and dip in the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to drip off of the cookie for a few seconds and then place on waxed paper.
- After you finish your cookies, allow the cookies to set in the fridge until hardened.
- Melt your half cup of chocolate and add to a plastic bag with the tip cut off or use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the cookies for the mummy bandage detail.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate for eyes. You may need to put a bit of the white chocolate on the back to make them stick.
- Allow the cookies harden again in the fridge for about 30 minutes before enjoying.