Trying be a more eco-friendly housewife? There are some things you must-have around to make it easier.
Being a housewife and living a greener life can go hand-in-hand. Homemaking is a great place to make a difference in your environmental impact.
You can line dry your clothes, make your own laundry detergent, start a garden, the options are endless. It’s amazing all the ways you can simply make small changes to your homemaking and make a big difference.
To start this journey you may want to get some of these items. They are great for helping you be an eco-friendly housewife.
Eco-Friendly Housewife Must-Haves
- Aprons are a must for all homemakers. A vintage apron or handmade apron is your more eco-friendly options.
- Shopping is a big part of homemaking and using reusable bags will help you save resources. There are so many cute options now and reusable bags that roll up to fit easily in your purse or car.
- You’ll also want to consider some reusable produce bags to reduce your use of single-use plastic even more.
- A compost bin is a great addition to help reduce waste. Don’t forget a compost bucket to gather your food waste in and take out to the bin.
- Natural cleaners are also important. You can make your own or try get a free 4-piece natural cleaning kit from Grove Collaborative.
- A great way to save energy is line drying your clothes so a clothesline is, of course, a must-have.
- Have a Swiffer Duster? Get a reusable duster to use on it and avoid the waste of the disposable option.
- Use safe cookware. If you are currently using non-stick cookware and bakeware consider switching to safer options like stainless steel and glass.
Books to Read
Want to learn more about going green? Grab a cup of tea for an afternoon break and read one of these great books.