Busy nights call for simple side dishes. Simple doesn’t have to mean boring, these side dishes are delicious but still easy.
It’s back to school time and before we know it the holiday season will be here as well. Things just keep getting busier from here.
Cooking often seems impossible with everything we have going on. It’s so easy to just grab take-out or fast food but this isn’t great for our health or our pocket book.
Next time you need a quick dinner, skip the fast food line and get a rotisserie chicken instead. Rotisserie chickens are a healthy but quick option and depending on your family you may be able to get a couple more meals out of the meat.
If you enjoy freezer cooking rotisserie chickens can help speed up your process and even save you money. The leftover chicken is great for casseroles, sandwiches, chicken pot pies, soups, the ideas are endless.
Rotisserie chickens are typically at least a few dollars cheaper than buying a whole raw chicken. And unlike a whole chicken, which will take you at least an hour to make, a rotisserie chicken is ready to eat as soon as you get home. Of course if you have a frozen whole chicken, you can cook it in the Instant Pot in less than an hour! Both are great options.
The first night you get a rotisserie chicken you likely want a quick side dish to go with it. Skip the boxed or pre-made sides and try these quick and easy homemade sides.
Simple Side Dishes
- Roasted Lemon Parmesan Broccoli from The Cookie Rookie
- Easy Creamed Corn from Damn Delicious
- Simple Skillet Green Beans from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots from Delicious Meets Healthy
- Asparagus in 10 Minutes from Ella Claire
- Homemade Biscuits from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Crispy Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes from The Comfort Kitchen
- Simple Kale Salad from Good + Simple
- Slowcooker Buttery Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes from Creme De La Crumb
- Air Fryer Fries from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
- Lemon Orzo with Asparagus from Jo Cooks
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes from Tastes of Lizzy T
Be sure to also check out 30 Delicious Recipes Using a Rotisserie Chicken. It’s amazing all of the great meals you can get our of a chicken.