Have you heard of Ebates now known as Rakuten? It’s one of those cashback websites. Are you rolling your eyes yet? I know I sure did for a long time. Maybe some of these things are what’s holding you back. Find out more in this Ebates review.
This post was written originally in 2017. In 2019 Ebates rebranded as Rakuten. Everything in this post is still the same the name has just changed.
For now, I’m leaving this post with Ebates because that is still what more people know it as. As Rakuten because the better-known name I will update this post to reflect that.
I have still been using the site and getting cash back. My last payment was on time and all the stores seem to still be on the site. So you don’t need to worry about using it when you go to the site and it now says Rakuten.
10 Reasons Not to Sign Up for Ebates
- You don’t want to save money while shopping online.
- You’d rather search for coupon codes.
- You don’t believe that people are really making money from Ebates.
- You won’t remember to go to the site before you buy something.
- Surely they don’t have stores you use.
- Cashback sites are always scams.
- You probably have to fill out surveys to really earn money.
- They can’t really give you $10 just for signing up and spending $25 on a participating site.
- You get cash back from your credit card, why do you need more?
- Who wants to refer their friends to something that can save them money?
Okay so maybe sarcasm is my love language. Seriously, I’ve tried other cashback sites and for many reasons they didn’t work for me. Either they had a poor selection of stores, were confusing, or they were just flat out scams. I don’t want to have to fill out tons of surveys for a few cents or sign up for offers!
5 Reasons You Should Sign Up for Ebates & My Ebates Review-
Ebates is different. It’s really easy and it works. I signed up with Ebates just this month and it was after most of my holiday shopping, yet I’ve still made some money from it! So here are some reasons you SHOULD join Ebates.
- It works and you really do get $10 just for signing up and making a qualifying purchase of $25 or more within a year of signing up.
- They have over 1500 stores including Amazon! Ebates Amazon, could it get better?! I have Amazon Prime and I’ll be honest, the UPS driver sometimes brings neighbors Amazon packages to my house by mistake because we order from there so much. A little cash back from those purchases really adds up. I was also excited to see Etsy because I love ordering from Etsy.
- When you refer friends they get a $10 gift card and you get $25! They make it easy to share your Ebates link on social media to introduce your friends to the site. Why not share the money saving love? If you are a blogger or have a large social media following you can get a lot of referrals and that can mean a lot of earnings.
- There is an Ebates Cash Back Button you can install on your browser to make sure you don’t miss any cashback deals.
- It truly is free with no strings attached!
It’s really easy to sign up and get your $10 gift card. Simply head over to Ebates and follow the easy directions and start shopping. It’s so much easier than the apps, coupons and other cashback sites I’ve used. I am very excited to start seeing some checks.
Need more help? Visit my post How Does Ebates Work. I give a step-by-step guide for how to shop through Ebates and earn cash back on your purchases.
What are you waiting for? Sign up for Ebates and start earning cashback.