Our pets are part of our family. Leaving them in the care of someone else when we are gone can be anxiety-inducing. Being prepared and having a good pet sitter can help reduce stress. This is something Rover.com cares about and because of that they have sponsored this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Getting ready for a trip can be stressful. There is a lot to get done. In the busyness, it’s easy to forget details. One of the more stressful trips I prepared for was my honeymoon.
Getting ready for a trip while finishing up details for a wedding is overwhelming. I tried to be organized and on top of things. I packed ahead of time, had made arrangements for my maid of honor and our best man to take our wedding gifts and other odds and ends to our house, I had all of my things I needed for the wedding packed as well, I thought I was prepared.
I quickly found out I wasn’t as prepared as I thought. First I forgot my earrings, I thought that was all and was still proud I had done so well. That was all I had forgotten about the wedding itself. However, for the honeymoon that was not all I forgot.
I forgot to pack shoes! Yes, I was going on a two-week honeymoon to Florida and I only had my heels that I got married in. Heels are not the best shoes to wear when going to Disney theme parks. Let’s just say wearing heels in an airport is not something I recommend. One of our first stops in Florida was to buy me some shoes, such a pain. The only good thing was I had picked heels that were easy to walk in.
Even with more relaxed trips, it’s easy to forget things, especially if you are stressed. One thing that adds stress for me is leaving my dog. I want to make sure I have everything ready for her and she is well taken care of. I’m lucky to have a family that can usually care for her but I know many don’t have that.
I’ve often worried about what I will do if we move or if we need someone else to care for my dog. Thankfully there is a site called Rover.com that has a database of pet sitters. They do background checks, educate the pet sitters, offer photo updates, and so many other things that give you peace of mind.
Another thing that can give you peace of mind is being sure your pet sitter has all the information they need. Having a pet care information printable can help. Once you have it filled out you don’t have to try and remember all the details you need to give your pet sitter. One less thing to worry about so hopefully you remember other things like shoes.
Pet Care Information Printable
This pet care information sheet is great for keeping in your home management binder. Keep a couple of copies filled out and ready to go. When you are getting ready for the trip pull one out and give it to your pet sitter. It will help you know you haven’t forgotten anything for your pet and that they will be well cared for.
Having things like your vet’s phone number on the sheet makes sure if emergencies happen your pet sitter is prepared. When emergencies happen the last thing you want is your pet sitter having to try and get ahold of you to find out what to do.
Get the Free Printable Pet Care Information Sheet
Sign up below to get the free printable and access to other great freebies!
Tips for Preparing for a Trip
There are a few other things to remember when leaving your pet while you go on a trip. Doing these things will help reduce the chance of problems during the trip.
- Know you have a good pet sitter. Using a site like Rover.com is really helpful since they have already done the work to make sure the pet sitter is good. It’s the next best thing to having someone you know and trust personally.
- Leave plenty of treats. Treats can help your pet become more used to the pet sitter and feel more comfortable while you are gone.
- Have a little extra medicine on hand. If your pet takes medication, make sure you have more than you need for the time you are gone. This way if something happens to a pill or you end up gone a bit longer your pet sitter is prepared.
- Let your pet sitter spend time with your pet ahead of time. If you have a new pet sitter or it’s been a while since your pet has seen them, let them have a little time together first. This will make your pet happier and more comfortable with the pet sitter.
- Leave an extra pet care sheet at home. Just in case something happens to the sheet you give your pet sitter have one on the fridge or another easy to find a place. This makes sure your sitter always has the information they need.
Once you have done all of these things and have your pet care sheet ready you can know your pets are taken care of. Now you just have to remember to pack everything, like your shoes.