These delicious peanut butter brownies are very simple. Allergic to peanut butter, don’t worry there is an option for you as well!
I’ve been baking for most of my life. When I was about two years old my mom went to nursing school. During that time I stayed with my grandma. My days normally consisted of watching Dumbo, playing with a vintage circus toy, and baking cookies with my grandma.
Our favorite thing to bake was peanut butter cookies. Putting the crisscrosses on top of the cookies is one of my earliest memories. To this day they are still my favorite baked treat.
There is one problem, I’m allergic to peanut butter. It was a sad day when I had to give up peanut butter cookies and all of the other wonderful peanut butter treats.
You are likely wondering if I’m allergic to peanut butter why I’m posting a peanut butter brownies recipe. I have three wonderful words for you, sunflower seed butter! The day I found out about this stuff was a great day.
It tastes very similar to peanut butter and is a great substitute for peanut butter in baked goods. You can even get sunflower seed butter cups, they are called Sun Cups and they are incredible.
If you are also allergic to peanut butter try replacing it with sunflower seed butter like I did. My husband isn’t allergic to peanut butter but I do the baking so he gets sunflower seed butter treats and he likes it as well. He loved these peanut butter brownies! If you aren’t allergic go ahead and use peanut butter. Either way, they are delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan and set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa; stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt until you no longer see any flour; do not over mix.
- Make filling: Stir together melted butter, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour one-third of brownie batter into prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Place dollops of filling, about 1 tablespoon each, about 1/2 inch apart on top of batter.
- Drizzle remaining brownie batter on top and gently spread to fill the pan.
- Place dollops of remaining filling on top.
- Gently swirl filling into the batter by running butter knife lengthwise and crosswise through layers.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into brownies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, the filling will be a little bit wet still.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Want to save more money on your grocery bill? Check out the Money Saving Grocery Guide.