Homemade pancake mix is just a few ingredients and is very simple to make yourself. It’s a great thing to keep on hand for when you want to make some quick pancakes for breakfast.
At some point, I realized that most pancake mix is just four basic ingredients. It takes just a couple of minutes to make your own to have on hand.
For years I’ve made my own homemade pancake mix and stored it in a large glass jar. While I often use my homemade Bisquick to make pancakes, this pancake mix doesn’t have to be refrigerated so it’s even easier to keep on hand.
Pancakes are also great to make in bulk and freeze. I like to lay the pancakes on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and once they freeze I put them in a Pyrex container so I can pull out a few at a time. I warm them in the toaster oven and they are perfect.
Be sure to put the instructions on your container so you remember how to make the pancakes from the mix. You can make a cute label or just stick a post-it note on it, that’s what I’ve done for years.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then pour into the jar.
How to make pancakes with the mix-
- 1 batch pancake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Beat milk, eggs, and oil in medium bowl.
- Add in pancake mix. Mix until large lumps are gone and it’s all incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Heat lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the grill for each pancake.
- When bubbles start to appear and pop, flip and cook the other side.