Have you heard of Rakuten? It’s a cash-back website but how does Rakuten work? Is it a scam or can you really make money and trust the site?
I’m all about easy ways to save money. I don’t want to spend hours cutting coupons and have to do multiple transactions at the store. There are so many other things I want to do with my time.
That’s why I really like the cashback website Rakuten. I shared a Rakuten review a while ago but I thought it would be a good idea to share more information on how to use Rakuten and how it works.
I see a lot of people sign up for Rakuten but they don’t actually use it. Just having an account won’t save you any money. It’s easy to use so there is no reason not to, it’s free money.
How Does Rakuten Work?
Rakuten is a cash-back site. What that means is you get a percentage back of your total when you purchase from one of the participating websites.
All you have to do is sign up for Rakuten and download the browser extension. There is also an app you can use on your phone. Once you have the extension, sign in and start shopping.
When you go to a site that offers cashback with Rakuten it will pop up and let you know that you can earn cashback from that store. You simply activate it and it will do the rest.
The percentage you earn varies from site to site. Sometimes they will also offer double cashback which is a great time to buy some of the bigger ticket items on your list.
A few days after you have placed your order you will see the money in your account. And then every 3 months, if you have earned $5 or more, you will get paid. You can get paid via check or PayPal.
You can also earn money shopping in stores, with their credit card, or by referring your friends. All of these options really help the money add up quickly.
Get $30 Free from Rakuten
You can get $30 just for signing up with Rakuten and spending $30 or more. It’s a really great deal and perfect for any holiday shopping or other big purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Rakuten a scam? No, I’ve earned over $1,700 from Rakuten. They really do give you the money and you don’t have to pay anything extra.
- How does Rakuten make money? They use affiliate marketing to earn money. They get a commission when you order through their links and they pass some of that on to you.
- What stores does it work for? There are far too many for me to list but some of my favorites are Target, Le Tote, 1800Flowers, Macy’s, Kohls, and so many more.
- Does Rakuten work with Amazon? Yes, not every item gets cashback but many do. Just be sure to check the Rakuten website and make sure you click over to Amazon from the site.
- Is Rakuten safe? It is a secure website and they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I have also always gotten paid what I should have and when they said they would pay.
If this all sounds good to you it takes just a few minutes to sign up for Rakuten and you get a $10 bonus just for signing up and making your first qualifying purchase.
If you already have an account but haven’t started using it I hope this motivates you to start. It’s so easy and a great way to save a bit of money.