Interested in eco-friendly cleaning? These amazing eco-friendly cleaning hacks really work and will change the way you clean.
Hidden Dangers of Cleaning
Many of the products we use in our homes contain endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors can cause all kinds of health problems from reproductive problems to immune system problems, and so much more.
According to the Toronto Indoor Air Conference of 1990 women that stay at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those working outside of the home. This is thought to be due to exposure to toxic chemicals found in common household products.The last thing we need when trying to keep our homes clean is to be raising our risk of cancer and other health problems.
Reducing Your Risk
There are ways to reduce your risk of these problems. Switching to natural products can seem overwhelming at first, there are so many options out there. Which are really safe? Do they work?
On this list, you will find great green cleaning recipes and hacks that really work. Starting slowly can help keep you from getting too overwhelmed. Bookmark or Pin this post and slowly work through the list.
Keep what you love and ditch what you don’t. You are sure to find a green cleaning solution that works for you and your family.
Green Cleaning Hacks
4. Clean your blinds with 50/50 white vinegar, water, and an old sock.
6. With just a few ingredients you likely already have you can make a lemon soft scrub.
7. Lay warm, wet rags on your stovetop for several minutes and
then wipe clean with little or no effort. Works on all stove types!
8. Iron clothes with buttons inside out.
9. Line dry clothes to remove stains and lighten whites.
10. Keep your toilet brush clean by spraying it with some vinegar when
done cleaning the toilet and place it under the seat to let it dry.
11. Clean your clothes with berries! You can make a natural laundry detergent with soap nuts (they are really berries). Easy and natural!
12. Keep your shower clean with a homemade daily shower spray.
13. Clean with lemons. They smell great and they pack a cleaning punch.
14. Use infused vinegar to clean your house well and leave it smelling amazing.
15. Clean your mattress with baking soda.
What green cleaning hacks have you tried out and found work? I’d love to learn some new tricks.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more green cleaning tips!