This summer keep your dog healthy and happy with these easy tips and homemade frozen dog treats made with yogurt. These treats are simple to make and your dog will love them!
This post is sponsored by Wellness® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about the Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ raw food dog food but I only share the information I feel is relevant to my readers. Neither Wellness nor PetSmart is responsible for the content of this article.
For years I had a sweet Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd, named Patience. We live in Oklahoma. Our climate is was really what her breeds were bred for. She loved winter, especially snow but summer was not her favorite.
Growing up I had Golden Retrievers, they enjoyed swimming in our pond to cool off in the summer. My dog Patience however hated water. A kiddie pool would not have been her idea of fun. She mostly stayed cool by laying on the tile floor in the kitchen, often under the air vent.
Keeping Your Dog Healthy During the Summer
There are some important things to remember to help keep your dog healthy during the summer.
- Have plenty of fresh cool water available at all times.
- Feed your dog with good quality food. I recommend Wellness® CORE® RawRev™. It supports whole-body health and longevity. Glucosamine and Chondroitin for strong joints, very important for large dogs like mine.
- Limit your dog’s time outside when it’s hot.
- Never leave your dog in a car when it’s hot, even on warm days, a car can get hot very fast.
- Check the temperature of sidewalks and roads before letting your dog walk on them. Roads can heat up very quickly and can injure the dog’s paws. Check with your hand or barefoot to see if the temperature is comfortable for you.
- If you are going away and leaving your pet in the care of a pet sitter this summer, be sure to use my free pet sitter information printable.
- Give your dog healthy dog-safe frozen treats, like the homemade frozen dog treats below.
- plain yogurt
- Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ (or a dog treat)
- Spoon yogurt into a silicone mold.
- Add a couple of freeze-dried raw meat pieces or a dog treat to each mold.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove from the mold and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
More About Wellness® CORE® RawRev™
Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ is a high-protein, grain-free kibble is combined with 100% raw meat pieces to create a savory, nutrient-rich meal packed with everything your dog needs to thrive from the core.
I fed my dog Wellness dog food for years and have just switched over to Wellness® CORE® RawRev™. She loved the food, especially the freeze-dried raw meat pieces, she always picked those out first.
She lived to be 14 years old before passing away. This was amazing since she is a large breed and is a rescue that was near death when we got her when she was only 2 years old. I believe feeding her high-quality food like the foods from Wellness® helped keep her healthy for so long.