This summer keep your dog healthy and happy with these easy tips and easy frozen yogurt dog food treats.
This post is sponsored by Wellness® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about the Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ raw food dog food but I only share information I feel is relevant to my readers. Neither Wellness or PetSmart are responsible for the content of this article.
I have a Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd, named Patience, and live in Oklahoma. Our climate is not really what her breeds were bred for. She loves winter, especially snow but summer is not her favorite.
Growing up I had Golden Retrievers, they enjoyed swimming in our pond to cool off in the summer. My dog Patience however hates water. A kiddie pool would not be her idea of fun. She mostly stays cool by laying on the tile floor in the kitchen, often under the air vent.
Keeping Your Dog Healthy During the Summer
There are some important things to remember to help keep your dog healthy during the summer.
- Have plenty of fresh cool water available at all time.
- Feed your dog a good quality food. I recommend Wellness® CORE® RawRev™. It supports whole-body health and longevity. Glucosamine and Chondroitin for strong joints, very important for large dogs like mine.
- Limit your dogs time outside when it’s hot.
- Never leave your dog in a car when it’s hot, even warm days a car can get hot very fast.
- Check the temperature of sidewalks and roads before letting your dog walk on it. Roads can heat up very quickly and can injure dogs paws. Check with your hand or barefoot to see if the temperature is comfortable for you.
- If you are going away and leaving your pet in the care of a pet sitter this summer, be sure to use my free pet sitter information printable.
- Give your dog healthy dog-safe frozen treats like the frozen yogurt treats below.
Frozen Yogurt Dog Treats
- Plain Yogurt
- Wellness® CORE® RawRev™
- Spoon yogurt into a silicone mold.
- Add a couple of the freeze dried raw meat pieces to eat mold.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove from the mold and store in airtight container.
More About Wellness® CORE® RawRev™
Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ is a high-protein, grain free kibble is combined with 100% raw meat pieces to create a savory, nutrient-rich meal packed with everything your dog needs to thrive from the core.
I have fed my dog Wellness dog food for years and have just switched over to Wellness® CORE® RawRev™. She loves the food, especially the freeze dried raw meat pieces, she tends to pick those out first.
She will be 12 years old next month and is going strong. This is amazing since she is a large breed and is a rescue that was near death when we got her 10 years ago. I believe feeding her high quality food like the foods from Wellness® have helped keep her healthy for so long.
Join the Raw Revolution this summer! Visit PetSmart and Buy one get one 50% off 2-5lb bags. I have already stocked up on this great deal. Also be sure to follow Wellness on Instagram if you want to see some cute pets!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wellness®. The opinions and text are all mine.