Looking for a delicious snickerdoodle cookie recipe that is easy to make? These are soft, delicious, and can be whipped up in no time.
I love baking cookies. They were the first thing I learned to make and I have made a lot of them. Around Christmas, I end up making a lot of cookies. It’s usually what I offer to bring to gatherings.
Normally I make chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies but it’s fun to mix it up. Snickerdoodles are a cookie I really like but rarely seem to eat.
A few years ago when trying to decide what cookies I wanted to take to the local recycling coalition December meeting I decided to try to make some snickerdoodles because I never had. They were delicious!
I like my chocolate chip cookies slightly crunchy on the outside but for me, snickerdoodles must be soft and these are. They scream holidays to me so that’s the main time I make them.
I hadn’t made them recently and decided I should and that I needed to share them. I’m so glad I did because I forgot how much I enjoy them.
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
Add sifted dry ingredients, stir until well blended.
Make into balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
This recipe is part of the 2017 Cookie Swap. There are a lot of other great bloggers sharing delicious cookie recipes as well. Be sure to check them out.
- Snowballs from Samantha at Carter’s Cozy Nest
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies from Abby at Winstead Wandering
- Sugar Cookies from Lindsay at Pursuit of Pink
- Vanillekipferl (Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies) from Sandra at The In Between Is Mine
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Ashley at Happy. Pretty. Sweet.
- Cloud Snickerdoodles from Savannah at The Savvy Plate
- Peppermint Whoopie Pies from Abi at Abi Tomberlin Blog
- Peanut Butter Dreams Dog Treats from Beth at Daily Dog Tag
- Grandma Hermits by Lecy at A Simpler Grace