Looking for a delicious and easy snickerdoodle cookie recipe? These are soft, delicious, and can be whipped up in no time. Make them ahead and stick them in the freezer for later.
I love baking cookies. They were the first thing I learned to make and I have made a lot of them. Around Christmas, I end up making a lot of cookies. It’s usually what I offer to bring to gatherings.
Normally I make chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies but it’s fun to mix it up. Snickerdoodles are a cookie I really like but rarely seem to eat.
A few years ago when trying to decide what cookies I wanted to take to the local recycling coalition December meeting I decided to try to make some snickerdoodles because I never had. They were delicious!
I like my chocolate chip cookies slightly crunchy on the outside but for me, snickerdoodles must be soft and these are. They scream holidays to me so that’s the main time I make them.
I hadn’t made them recently and decided I should and that I needed to share them. I’m so glad I did because I forgot how much I enjoy them.
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Make into balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
More Holiday Cookie Recipes
This recipe was part of the 2017 Holiday Cookie Swap. There are a lot of other great bloggers sharing delicious cookie recipes as well. Be sure to check them out.
- Snowballs from Samantha at Carter’s Cozy Nest
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies from Abby at Winstead Wandering
- Sugar Cookies from Lindsay at Pursuit of Pink
- Vanillekipferl (Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies) from Sandra at The In Between Is Mine
- Cloud Snickerdoodles from Savannah at The Savvy Plate
- Peanut Butter Dreams Dog Treats from Beth at Daily Dog Tag
- Grandma Hermits by Lecy at A Simpler Grace