I don’t eat breakfast often. I love breakfast food but I don’t like mornings! If I’m going to make breakfast it needs to have as few steps as possible.
There are a lot of fast options out there that you can buy. However, I like to be able to control the ingredients and you also save money by making most things from scratch.
Pancakes are very easy to make from scratch. Most mixes are really just flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Well and they like to throw in some artificial ingredients but those the ones that matter.
You can make your own mix very easily and then you just have to add eggs, milk, and oil. You can also just use my recipe for homemade baking mix. The nice thing about using the baking mix is it makes lots of different recipes. It’s nice to have a multitasking mix instead of lots of different ones to make and store.
With this recipe you will have fluffy, delicious pancakes in no time!
Easy Homemade Pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups homemade baking mix
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add in baking mix. Mix until large lumps are gone and it’s all incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Heat lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. *I like to use refined coconut oil to grease my pan.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the grill for each pancake.
- When bubbles start to appear and pop, flip and cook the other side.
Tip: Make up a bunch of pancakes at once and freeze for later. Simply reheat when you are ready to eat them.
If you make these pancakes let me know what you think!