Homemade lip scrub is a great way to keep your lips soft. This peppermint lip scrub works really well and smells amazing. It’s also easy to make and is a great homemade gift.
It’s starting to get cold around here and that means running the heater and dry skin. I keep lip balm around me all of the time during the winter but that’s not always enough.
I discovered lip scrubs several years ago. They are amazing and a great way to keep your lips soft and smooth all winter. The only problem is the ingredients are often not very good. Since this is a product going on your lips it’s extra important to use natural ingredients, I prefer edible since you may end up with some in your mouth.
Put it in a cute container and it makes a wonderful gift. I’d package it with some organic lip balm for the perfect holiday lip kit. If the recipient enjoys lipstick you could also include a natural lipstick, my current favorite is the Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick. They are long-lasting, highly pigmented, and moisturizing.
With just four natural ingredients you can whip this lip scrub up in no time. You can also increase the ingredients to make several at once.
- 2 teaspoons of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon of refined coconut Oil
- 4 drops of peppermint extract
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 small glass jar
- Small bowl
- Red and white twine (optional)
- Mix the sugar and coconut oil, it’s easiest if the coconut oil is solid. If your coconut oil is liquid just stick it in the fridge for several minutes.
- Slowly add in peppermint extract, you can use more or less depending on your preference. Just be careful, peppermint extract is very strong.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Put in a clean, air tight container.
This is a simple gift but a fun your friends are sure to enjoy. You could also include some peppermint bath bombs for a fun holiday spa gift.