I love to drink lots of hot drinks during the holidays. While tea is my favorite hot drink, I do enjoy coffee from time to time and this is one of my favorite ways to drink it.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer for more.
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- 1/2 cup of milk (a little less if frothing the milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brew coffee. I recommend a using a french press.
- While the coffee brews heat your milk, add the cocoa powder and sugar. Don’t let boil.
- Once the milk is heated and everything is well mixed, if you are frothing it go ahead and do so.
- If possible, pour the milk and coffee into the cup at the same time.
This can be made sweeter or less sweet depending on your taste. I highly recommend frothing the milk, it really does make a difference. You can get a milk frother for under $20 on Amazon. Some people may call this a mocha but mocha should be made with espresso so this is really just a chocolate version of café au lait , which is my favorite coffee drink. It’s a great drink for the holidays, you can even add a little bit of peppermint extract for an extra treat.
Be sure to check back all month for more Green Holiday Guide posts. And check out the Green Holiday Guide board on Pinterest for even more green holiday tips. And be sure to enter to win an infinity scarf.