Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken is a quick and easy recipe that is keto-friendly and easy to make kid-friendly as well! It’s full of flavor and sure to be a new favorite.
My husband is not the biggest fan of chicken. He prefers red meat but I want to reduce our red meat intake so I’m always looking for new chicken recipes he will approve of.
He loves spicy food so I decided to take another recipe he likes pretty well and spice it up. The original recipe is one I’ve made for a long time and still need to get up here for you to try. It’s a bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with cream cheese. It’s delicious.
This recipe is even easier since you don’t have to wrap the chicken. I like to pound it thinner so it will cook faster and there is more of the cheese and jalapeno flavor per bite.
You may notice from the photos that one of the pieces of chicken doesn’t have jalapenos on it, that’s because I’m not a big fan of jalapenos. That’s another reason this recipe is so great, it’s simple to leave the jalapeno off and it’s still delicious.
If you want it spicier you can use more jalapenos or a spicier pepper. You can also deseed the jalapenos and use fewer to make it milder.
This recipe is also low carb and keto-friendly. We don’t eat low carb or keto but we do try and eat a moderate amount of carbs. Having the main dish be low carb means we can have a more carby side dish.
I like to serve this with some garlic bread or with rice and of course some vegetables. Both ways are delicious.
Since I first made this recipe it’s become a favorite and is now on our meal plan every month. I’m sure it will be a family favorite in your house as well.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Mix the melted butter, cream cheese, and garlic powder.
- Wash your jalapeños, thinly slice and for a milder flavor remove seeds.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto your chicken breasts.
- Add jalapeño slices, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F. I usually check mine at 30 minutes just to see how quickly they are cooking.
Adjust cook time if you are using tenders or smaller chicken breasts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 45g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.