Staying connected is important in a relationship. Date night is one way to do that. These cheap date ideas work for all budgets so there is no excuse.
When you’ve been with someone for a while you can fall into routines. Routines can be a good thing but they can also get pretty boring.
I’ve been married for over 15 years so it can be easy to get into routines and not include enough quality time together. It’s great to be comfortable with each other but you want to keep passion and fun alive in your marriage as well.
An excuse that is often given by couples for why they don’t go on more dates is the cost. Especially early on in marriages, money can be really tight. Dates don’t have to be expensive to be fun though! Sure going to a fancy restaurant, all dressed up can be a lot of fun but so can many free and cheap date ideas.
Cheap Date Ideas
- A picnic at the park. Grab a picnic basket, or even just a tote bag, and some delicious food, and head to your favorite park. This is also a great date if you are watching what you eat because you can pack a healthy lunch.
- Go camping. If you don’t have a tent see if you can borrow one from a friend. If you don’t have campgrounds near you, set up your own in your backyard. Bonus to backyard camping for those that don’t love the outdoors, you are close to an indoor bathroom!
- Attend local events. Towns often have fun free or cheap events, especially in the spring and summer. Check nearby towns as well.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter. Playing with dogs and cats is always fun and helping animals in need is a great bonus.
- Check out a local musician. Local musicians often play at coffee shops and bars with little or no cover. You may just find some hidden talent. But don’t forget to tip the musicians.
- Play mini-golf. This date may take you back to your early dating days.
- Find out if and when your local museums have free or low-price days.
- Try picking some fresh, local fruit. Visit PickYourOwn.org to find a farm near you.
- Buy a lottery ticket and then write down all of the things you would do if you won.
- Tour a local winery or brewery. These free tours often include free samples, what’s not to love about that?
- Go to a matinee. Skip the higher-priced night showing and check out a matinee of a movie you have both wanted to see.
- Visit your local farmer’s market. While you are there maybe pick up some ingredients to use to make dinner together.
- Go on a hike. Check out some local trails and not only improve your relationship but also your health.
- Visit an open house. This is a great way to get to know each other’s tastes better and it’s fun to fantasize about living in different houses.
- Take a class together. It can be fitness, cooking, painting, whatever. Libraries and local colleges often offer affordable classes that are a lot of fun. You can even try an online class.
- Go to karaoke. Are you brave? Sing some karaoke together, or even just sit and listen to others sing.
- Check out a local flea market. You don’t have to buy anything, it can be fun to just look but you may also find a hidden treasure.
- Go for some ice cream. For those that love vintage, see if there is a soda fountain nearby and go share a malt.
- Be a tourist in your own town. See if there are any walking tours around, or make your own. Be sure to take silly photos along the way. You can even make your own little staycation.
- Attend a play at a community theater or local college.
Never Run Out of Date Ideas
A great way to make sure you always have new date ideas? Check out The Adventure Challenge. They are fun books that you scratch off date ideas and you can also add photos from your dates to the book to add some fun memory keeping to your dates.
They help you keep things exciting and go on adventures together. There are many different types of books so you can find the one that works best for you and your partner.
The best part is you can get 10% off with my coupon code RETROHOUSEWIFE at checkout. So what are you waiting for? Check out The Adventure Challenge for your next date.
More Inspiration for Your Life