Muffins are a great make-ahead breakfast. They freeze well and are easy when you need something you can just grab. These banana crumb muffins are a delicious treat that you can even serve as a dessert.
This recipe is actually the first recipe I ever shared on this blog. I hadn’t made these in a while and had some bananas I needed to use so it seemed like the perfect thing to make.
I wanted to update this post and add some photos and share it with you again because these muffins are amazing. They are the fluffiest muffins I’ve made.
I started making these muffins while my husband was teaching. He taught at a school about 30 minutes away and got up before I did in the morning. This was something I could make ahead and he could grab and eat on the go.
I would normally make them and keep a few out and freeze the rest. I would pull one out the night before and have it sitting out for him to take with him.
Now my husband works from home so I don’t need to have quick breakfasts so it had been so long since we had these. After eating one I remembered how delicious they are and I will be making them more often again.
I usually make muffins using homemade Bisquick but sometimes I enjoy making some that don’t use that baking mix. I do have a banana muffin recipe that uses homemade Bisquick if you want a quicker recipe but this one is worth the time.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, egg, sugar, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the Bisquick and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1/2 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean.
Are your mornings rushed? These muffins help but you can also create a morning routine that will make it all run smoothly. Check out Make Over Your Mornings for some great tips for creating a routine that works for you.