Looking for eco-friendly lunch boxes that are non-toxic and reduce waste? There are so many out there, these are a few of the great options out there.
It’s almost time for kids to head off back to school. Around here kids go back next month. So now’s the time to get all of your supplies together.
Many lunch boxes can contain harmful things like PVC, lead, BPA, and phthalates. And disposable paper bags cost a lot of money over time and are wasteful. Thankfully there are some great waste-free, safe options out there.
Eco-Friendly Lunch Boxes
1. Dabbawalla Bag – These insulated bags come in many different colors and are machine washable.
2. Milkdot Stöh Lunch Tote – These bags will stay cold up to 6 hours with an ice pack. They include an ID tag.
3. PlanetBox – This is a whole system. It comes with a stainless steel container for you to place the food in and a soft carrying case. It’s also dishwasher safe.
4. Wildkin – This cute bag is PVC, BPA, and phthalate-free and comes in a lot of very cute designs.
5. Homespon – These cute bags are made with cotton canvas and an insulated liner to keep things cool or warm.
6. Bento Box – These very neat bento boxes are made of wheat and are non-toxic and don’t leave any plastic taste to your food. They also have a silicone ring to keep things sealed. There is also an elastic band to hold it together. The containers are dishwasher and microwave safe.
A good quality lunch box will last your child many years and will save you money over time. Be sure to choose waste-free containers to go in your bags as well. I have a full guide to help you pack a waste-free lunch with suggestions for reusable lunch containers.
Also be sure to check out these great Easy School Lunch Ideas to help you come up with fun and easy ideas to fill your kid’s lunches all year long.