Looking for easy breakfast options? These delicious muffin recipes are just the thing. Make them ahead of time and keep your freezer stocked.
I’m not much of a breakfast eater. It’s not that I don’t like breakfast food I just rarely want to do much in the morning, breakfast included. I’m trying to eat breakfast more often though, otherwise, I’m often hungry for lunch far too early.
Make-ahead breakfast foods help me out a lot! It’s so much easier to grab something while I’m making my tea than to try and cook something in the morning. Muffins are one of my favorite quick make-ahead breakfast options. They are easy, I can make a bunch at once and they are delicious.
I like to make a bunch of muffins and then freeze them. To freeze them just place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in the freezer for a couple of hours or until completely frozen. Then you can transfer them to a container. I like to use Pyrex containers but whatever freezer safe container you have will work.
The night before you want a muffin just pull it out of the freezer to thaw overnight. Depending on the type of muffin I may warm it up in the toaster oven in the morning and put a bit of butter on it. It’s the perfect morning treat.
In case you are not much of a morning person, like myself, I thought I’d share some delicious muffin recipes from my own recipe box and other bloggers recipes as well.
Delicious Muffin Recipes
- Coffee Cake Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Einkorn Blueberry Muffins from A Modern Homestead
- Sweet Potato Muffins from Good + Simple
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from Creme de la Crumb
- Pancake Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins from Artful Homemaking
- Pineapple, Lime, and Coconut Muffins from Almond to Zest
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Maple Pecan Banana Muffins from Baker by Nature
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins from Erica’s Sweet Tooth
- Peach Streusel Muffins from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Bacon & Egg Muffin from RecipeTin Eats
- Cranberry Orange Muffins (gluten-free) from Bren Did
- Banana Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Rhubarb Crumb Muffins from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Muffins from The First Year
- Blackberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Espresso Banana Muffins from The Beach House Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Cherry Vanilla Muffins from Savory Simple
It’s truly amazing how many types of muffins there are out there. It makes it easy to have endless grab and go options for breakfast. It’s the perfect option for people like me that aren’t morning people.
If you need some help in the morning like I do, be sure to check out the Make Over Your Mornings eCourse.