Posts Tagged by glass dharma
|April 21, 2012||Filled under Uncategorized|
One of my favorite green companies is GlassDharma, they make amazing glass straws. If you know me or have read my blog very long you likely know I LOVE my glass straws. I use them all the time and even carry one in my purse. While straws may not seem like a big issue, they are. More than 500 million disposable plastic straws are used in the United States every day! That’s a lot of plastic waste and straws are also a common source of litter.
In honor of Earth Day GlassDharma has been giving away glass straws and you still have the rest of today get your free straw, here is what you have to do. Write a quick 100-200 word essay or make a short 1-3 minute video about why you love glass straws, why you love the idea of reusable straws or why you’d love a glass straw. The first 1,000 entries will receive a free glass straw! And one grand prize winner for each category will win a $100 GlassDharma gift code! Be sure to visit GlassDharma’s website to learn more.
I haven’t had a chance to make a video so I’m going to share a great one from my friend Danielle from It Starts With Me.
|April 16, 2012||Filled under Uncategorized|
It may only be the middle of April but Oklahoma is already starting to have some warm weather and that means it’s time for cold drinks. A favorite cold drink in my house is blended coffee. This is the latest flavor I have come up with and it’s quite tasty. You can even make it vegan!
Mint Chocolate Chip Blended Coffee
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 1 cup milk (can use coconut milk or your favorite dairy-free milk to make this a vegan drink)
- 4 cups ice
- 1/4 cup sugar (little extra if you like it pretty sweet)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (I used peppermint because it’s what I had)
- Chocolate chips (can use vegan)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Mix all of the ingredients, other than the whipped cream, in the blender until smooth. If desired, top with whipped cream.
- When making the coffee double the amount of coffee you use to make it stronger.
- Coffee made in a french press is more eco-friendly and many believe better. The Bodum french press is my favorite, it’s glass and good quality. Amazon.com even offers “Frustration-free” packaging for it.
- Look for Fair Trade coffee to help support small farms and avoid coffee that is produce with forced labour.
- Like to drink your cold drinks with a straw? Avoid all the plastic waste and check out glass straws from Glass Dharma.
- If you don’t like coffee you could likely leave it out and just double the milk. I haven’t tried this so if anyone does let me know how it goes.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I earn a small percent if you buy a product from the link. However, this does not influence my views.