Eating organic food doesn’t have to cost a ton of money. I’ve shared many of my favorite ways for eating real food on a budget and I want to share another today. While you won’t find many organic coupons in the newspaper you can find a lot of them online.
Organic Coupon Sources
You can also find organic coupons on brand websites. And store websites, like Whole Foods and Sprouts, often have printable coupons as well. And many stores now have apps so you don’t even have to print the coupons.
- Don’t buy a product just because you have a coupon. If you are buying things you wouldn’t otherwise buy you aren’t really saving money.
- Use your coupons! Forgetting to use your coupons won’t save you anything. Put your coupons in your purse, car or with your reusable bags, some place you will remember.
- Meal plan around coupons. Planning meals that use items with coupons instead of full priced items can help you save a lot of money.
- Use black ink when printing coupons. Colored ink tends to be more expensive so using just black ink can save you money over time.
- Stockpile only if you know it’s an item you will use. Don’t buy a lot of a new product just because it’s a good deal, you may not like it and then you’ve wasted money. Also be careful not to stockpile things that will go bad before you can use them.
- Check prices. A coupon won’t always make a brand the cheapest option, be sure to check other brands to be sure you are getting the best deal.
While you may not be able to be an extreme couponer while eating organic food, you can save a lot of money. I’d love to hear your tips as well, share in the comments below.
Don’t forget to check out my other real food on a budget tips.
Original Photo Credit- dmdonahoo