An easy way to save a lot of money on your grocery budget is by using sale flyers. Gone are the days of having to look in a newspaper for sale flyers, or not seeing them until you get to the store. The internet means you can check sale flyers whenever you want, making them easy to use.
Save Money with Sale Flyers
- When meal planning look at what items are on sale and make as many meals with the sale items as possible. Get creative.
- When buying extras, like snacks, try to stick to only the sale items.
- Check to see if the store has a double ad and/or coupon day. Sprouts, for example, has double ad days on Wednesday. This means on Wednesdays you can get savings from two weeks worth of ads! This can lead to big savings.
- Stock up on things while they are on sale. Now this can get you in trouble if you aren’t careful! Make sure the items you stock up on are things you really will use and you will use before they expire.
- Don’t buy things just because they are on sale. “Oh that’s a great deal” doesn’t mean you need it. If you won’t use it, you are wasting money no matter how great of a deal it seems to be.
- If the store as an app be sure to download it. Store apps often have the sale flyers, that way you can keep it with you incase you need to check a price.
- Ask for rain checks. If a store is out of an item that is on sale they will often give you rain checks to get the item later at the same price.
- Match sales with coupons. Stores often also have coupons or you can find them on company’s websites. Coupons on top of sales can save you a lot of money!
Do you have any other tips for using sale flyers? Do you check out sale flyers before shopping?