*This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.*
As much as I love blogging and freelance writing, being a housewife is my biggest passion. I know not everyone would enjoy it but I love it. It’s like playing house all day, only I wish there were less dishes, I hate washing dishes!
While it is a great job it’s one I take seriously. My husband works extra hard for me to be able to be a housewife and follow my other passions. I want to keep the home as nice as possible. I’m not perfect, far from it lately, but I’m always trying to do better.
These are some items that I find help make being a retro housewife either easier or prettier. I want to share these items with you as they may help you as well!
Retro Housewife Must-Haves
- Cleaning rags. There are so many fancy cleaning cloths out there now and all kinds of disposable products. However, a good old t-shirt cut into rags is my favorite cleaning cloth. I have tons of them, all over the place. They are free and work wonderfully.
- Tea Towels. Tea towels are a great way to add a pretty touch to your kitchen and they are useful. I like vintage and new tea towels. I have them for different seasons and just love them. I like to use them as hand towels and to lay over the dish rack.
- Cute Flats. I love heels and wedges but for running errands flats are a must. I buy most of my flats from ModCloth. They a great selection. I don’t buy leather and ModCloth lists the materials used in their shoes, this is very helpful if you avoid leather.
- Vintage Aprons. I have four vintage aprons so far and I’m always looking for more. A cute apron just makes me happy. They are great for protecting clothes of course but also for drying your hands or carrying flowers or produce in from the garden.
- Glass storage containers. Glass food containers are not only nicer looking than disposable or plastic options, they are better for us and the planet. I collect vintage Pyrex but don’t use it for food storage due to lead issues. I use it for serving and other purposes that have less of a risk of causing the lead to leach. For food storage I like new Pyrex. It’s great for fridge and freezer storage and will save you money in the long run.
- Tea set. I’ll be honest I don’t have one yet but it’s on my list of things I want. A retro housewife should be prepared to host a tea party right? The one I wanted from ModCloth is currently out of stock but hoping they bring it back!
- Good skin care. A retro housewife wants to stay looking young and her best. Therefore, I use Juice Beauty products for my skin because they have great ingredients and work! I also keep their Age Defy Hand Cream on my desk to use throughout the day. Housework can lead to very dry hands and who wants that?
- Water bottle. Staying hydrated is also important while running around cleaning the house and such. I like the LifeFactory glass bottles because they are safe, beautiful, and dishwasher safe.
- Cute cotton house dresses, another thing that I don’t have but would like to have. Currently I still go the yoga pants during the day route most of the time and I don’t like it. I want to look cute while being comfortable. Cotton house dresses were the yoga pants of the past. With the current heat and humidity in Oklahoma, wearing cotton dresses around the house sounds amazing. I’m currently eyeing a lot of vintage house dresses on Etsy. I’d also like to learn to make my own.
- Household binder. My household binder contains everything I need to take care of my home and myself. It helps keep me on track and is essential to the running of my home. I made my mine with free printables, be sure to check out how I made it by clicking here.
What are some of your retro housewife must-haves? I’d love to hear about them, share in the comments below.
Linked up with A Little R & R Wednesdays.
Photo Credit: Todd Ehlers via Flickr