A new way I’ve been saving money is by using Thrive Market. It’s an online shop that carries non-gmo, organic, natural food and household products. The prices are normally much lower than you will find in the grocery store.
Facts About Thrive Market-
- Shipping is free when you spend $49 or more.
- Like Costco and Sam’s Club, Thrive Market requires a membership. It’s $59.95 a year but you can get a free 30-day trial to test it out.
- With each membership, Thrive Market will give one free membership to a low-income family.
- Prices are 25%-50% off retail.
- They carry amazing brands like Dr. Bronner’s, Pacifica Foods, Bob’s Red Mill, and so many more.
- They have a large selection of gluten-free products.
- They are always adding new products.
I’ve been using Thrive Market since December and I have really enjoyed the experience. I have been working on making a price sheet to track prices of things I buy often at different stores. This is something I will share more on later but by using this price sheet I can check to see if buying an item in-store or on Thrive Market is cheaper. So far I have found that most of the time unless there is a good sale in the store, items are cheaper from Thrive Market.
I live in a small rural town with few shopping options and a very limited organic selection. My mom and I shop out of town, about an hour away, once a month to make up for this. However, many in situations like mine can’t spend a day a month shopping in another town. Thrive Market helps bring healthy food at an affordable price to people that otherwise wouldn’t have access to it.
I have also been impressed with their packaging. Items are not put into a box that is two times as big as it needs to be and minimal plastic and packaging, in general, is used.
If you haven’t already I recommend signing up and giving the free 30-day trial a try. You have nothing to lose and I bet you will love it.
I’d love to hear, do you plan on trying Thrive Market or have you already? Let me know what you think.