Easter is less than three weeks away, time to start planning your Easter dinner. Big holiday or special occasion meals can be pricey, even when not using real food ingredients. With some simple tips you can stay on your budget while still using real food and have Easter dinner.
Tips for Saving on Easter Dinner
- Plan ahead. Plan your menu now and start watching for sales on anything you can buy early.
- Use sale ads to plan your menu. You may have some traditional dishes but for extra dishes check out the sale ads for inspiration.
- Use what you already have. You can also shop your pantry for ideas.
- Have a potluck. If you are having guests, consider a potluck style meal. This also allows guests to make sure their favorite dish will be there.
- Be realistic. Do you really need six desserts? Probably not. Leftovers, if you will use them, are great but don’t go overboard.
- Use in season produce. Buying things that are currently in season is cheaper.
- Use real dishes. If possible use real dishes for the meal. Not having to buy the plastic stuff will save a lot of money.
- Make your own decor. With Pinterest this is easier than ever. Choose something simple that is cheap to make or better yet, uses things you already have. You can find lots of ideas on my Easter Pinterest board.
- Make a plan for leftovers. Having a plan for leftovers will help your food budget for the following week and avoid wasted food. If you have a lot of leftovers, consider freezing what you can.
Easter Menu Planner
What’s on your Easter dinner menu this year? Who do you celebrate with? I still have to finish my menu plan and even plans in general. This year is already flying by!
Photo Credit- ProFlowers