Halloween is full of treats and most of those treats include artificial dyes, flavoring, and other ingredients. Choosing natural Halloween treats is better for your family.
Halloween will be here before we know it! As a kid with a major sweet tooth, that loved to play dress up, I always loved Halloween.
Let’s be honest, I still have a sweet tooth and I still enjoy playing dress up!
One thing that has changed after all of these years is I’m better at listening to my mom and I make better food choices. She tried to get us to stick to healthier treats before it was cool. But let’s be honest, what kid is really thinking about dyes and such in their candy?
Now I know why I should avoid things like dyes, artificial flavors, etc… There are also more natural Halloween treats out there these days. I’m a bit jealous of the crunchy kids these days, “healthy” treats weren’t this good when I was a kid.
There are degrees of healthy in my list, you can go with candy that is just made with better ingredients or you can go all-out healthy and skip the candy. I also threw in some in between options.
Natural Halloween Treats
- Maple Nut Granola Clusters from Bren Did
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Dark Chocolate Halloween Black Cat Rice Krispie Treats from A Modern Homestead
- All-Natural Zombie Brain Cupcakes from Bren Did
- Halloween Candy from Natural Candy Store
- Berry Vegan Gummies from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
- Tangerine Pumpkins from Bren Did
- 5 Healthy Halloween Treats from A Modern Homestead
- Spooky Spiders from Surf Sweets
Your kids and yourself won’t feel deprived with these fun treats. I find most of them to be much better than the conventional Halloween candy and have to be careful to not keep too much around.
Looking for other eco-friendly Halloween ideas? Check out How to Have an Eco-Friendly Halloween.