I love sausage biscuits but most contain terrible ingredients and aren’t very good for us. Making your own will save you money and allow you to have control over the ingredients.
They are very easy to make up ahead of time and freeze so they are ready when you want them. They make a great easy hot breakfast. They can be microwaved or warmed in the toaster oven.
I like mine very simple, just sausage but you could easily add an egg or cheese, whatever you like. You can also choose your favorite sausage. I like to use Applegate Chicken Maple sausage because I like the ingredients and they taste amazing. The Chicken and Apple ones are great as well.
I like to make up several of these at once and flash freeze them on a cookie sheet and then transfer them to a Pyrex container after they are fully frozen. I just pull one out in the morning and warm it up. They are perfect with a cup of tea.
These are made using my own homemade baking mix. It’s very easy to make and can be used in many great recipes!
- 1 cup homemade baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 sausage patties
- Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Mix baking mix and milk, don't over mix.
- Form 6 biscuits, this can be done by hand or you can use a biscuit cutter.
- Drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool and then cut them in half and place sausages on the biscuits.
- Put your biscuits back on the cookie sheet (after it has fully cooled!) and freeze the biscuits in your freezer.
- Once frozen you can put the biscuits in a bag or a Pyrex container.
- When ready to eat, heat in microwave or oven and enjoy!
Once you make these you will wonder why you bought pre-made ones for so many years. They are so easy and delicious! It’s also great to have the freedom to add whatever you want to the biscuits.
What do you like on your sausage biscuits? Share in the comments.