This past week my husband and I went to Frisco Texas, a suburb of Dallas, to celebrate our anniversary. We decided to try a new hotel called Home2 Suites, owned by Hilton. I was pretty excited to try this hotel because they have many green features. Here are some of the green features you will find at Home2 Suites.
- Saline-based swimming pools
- Recycling stations
- Recycling containers in the rooms
- Energy Star rated appliances
- Carpets made from at least 60% recycled materials and featuring Green Label certification
- CFL lighting in all lighting fixtures
- Tamper-proof bulk shampoos and soaps in bathrooms
- Dual flush toilets
- Real dishes and utensils
- And many other great green features
We have stayed at many different Hilton and non-Hilton hotels and this is a new favorite. Here are my pros and cons.
- All the eco-friendly features, I especially loved the saline pool.
- Rooms aren’t fancy but are very comfortable.
- The staff was very friendly.
- The lobby featured many great seating areas and computers.
- Free wifi.
- The cleaners they were using were very strong smelling and didn’t seem to be terribly eco-friendly.
- I could never figure out where to put the recycling in the room, this wasn’t a huge deal as there was a bin down the hall but it didn’t state what they recycled.
- Check out time is at 11 a.m. instead of noon. However the staff didn’t complain when we were late because we didn’t know this.
Overall the pros very much outweigh the cons. We will definitely stay at Home2 Suites again in the future. So far there are 23 Home2 Suites in the US, so check to see if their is one near you or at your next vacation site.
*I was not paid to review this hotel, I just figured it would be nice to do so since I was already staying there. Please excuse the poor photo quality of my photos, couldn’t find my camera for the trip so they were taken on my phone. They were also taken on the second day of the trip so the room is messy.