The holidays can generate a lot of waste, 300,000 tons of trash each year to be exact. Wrapping paper and gift bags can be a big part of that waste. Many think wrapping paper can be recycled but it rarely can be. Thankfully there are many ways to reduce your impact this holiday seasons.
Buying something new uses a lot of resources, even eco-friendly products, so use up what you have first. You can also get creative and use magazines, brown paper bags, kids art work, and newspaper to wrap gifts. Some may look at you like you are crazy but you can always save any wrapping paper that is still in good shape for the next year, same for gift bags. You can even save tissue paper, ribbons and bows.
Reusable options and recycled options are great options when you do need to buy gift wrap, or if the DIY idea isn’t your thing. Here are some great options.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer for more. Photos are property of the stores.
1. Crinkle Co- Recycled Gift Bag
2. Fish Lips Paper Design- Recycled Wrapping Paper
3. Abbey Press Fundraising- Recycled Wrapping Paper
4. VZ Wraps- Reusable Cloth Gift Bag
5. Crinkle Co- Recycled Gift Pillow Box
6. Crinkle Co- Recycled Wrapping Paper
7. The Container Store- Reusable Cloth Bag
8. Chewing the Crud-Reusable Gift Wrap
9. Bede Sisters- Reusable Cloth Basket
10. VZ Wraps- Reusable Cloth Wine Gift Bags
VZ Wraps- Save 15% with code DCT15 expires 12/31/13. Free Shipping over $30 for the holidays!
Be sure to check back all month for more Green Holiday Guide posts. And check out the Green Holiday Guide board on Pinterest for even more green holiday tips. And be sure to share your favorite eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas in the comments below.