Disclosure: I was given the fabric for this project from Andover Fabric.
Little known fact, I’m a big Little House on the Prairie fan. I’ve read several of the books and watched every episode of the show multiple times. So when I heard about the Andover fabric that was inspired by Little House on the Prairie I was pretty excited.
Even better I got the chance to use some of the fabric. While I have a sewing machine and can kind of use it, I’m not very good at sewing at this point. I keep planning on learning and even want to learn to quilt but it hasn’t happened yet. However, there are fun crafts you can do with fabric without being able to sew.
One of my favorite ways to use fat quarters or fabric scraps is rag wreaths. They are so easy and very pretty. I made a simple one for Christmas several years ago and still use it.
Speaking of Christmas, these wreaths make a great gift as well. And they are easy enough kids can make them. If they are too young to use scissors then an adult or older child can cut the fabric strips for them, the rest is safe and easy.
Easy Rag Wreath
Cut out 6 inch by 1 inch strips. They don’t need to be perfect. To make sure I used all of the fabric I just cut each fat quarter into four equal stripes and then cut about 1 inch strips from each piece of fabric.
Tie each strip onto each of the wire rings on the wreath form. Just tie with a simple knot. And keep going until all of your fabric is used up.
That’s it! You can add ribbon if you want or leave it as is. The options for these wreaths are endless. You can use all one fabric or like I did use several different ones. Depending on the fabric you use they can be for any season or occasion.
When using the Little House on the Prairie inspired fabric I kept thinking how beautiful of a quilt it would make. Too bad my sewing skills are not at that level yet! If like me you’re a Little House on the Prairie fan I have great news. You can win some great Little House on the Prairie items! Here’s what you can win-
- A fat-quarter bundle of all three Little House on the Prairie® fabric collections
- A limited edition tote bag made of Little House on the Prairie® fabric
- The Deluxe Remastered “Little House on the Prairie” Complete Collection DVD Set
- “The Legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder” DVD
- The Quilting with Laura book
- The World of Little House book
How to Enter the Giveaway
- Start by logging into rafflecopter via Facebook or by using your email address. Be sure it’s an email you check because if you win that is where you will be contacted.
- Once logged in, sign up for the Little House on the Prairie Newsletter in order to enter the Giveaway and unlock additional entry options.
- Earn additional entries and points when you click on the seven other fields and follow the instructions.
- The giveaway ends December 14th at 11:59 PT, so be sure to enter before then!
Linked up to Alder Collective.