In my effort to be more of a mornings person, I’m trying to make my mornings as easy as possible. One way I’m doing this is by having quick breakfast options.
One easy make-ahead breakfast is muffins. They are great even when you have somewhere to be in the morning and need to grab and go. Store-bought leave something to be desired in taste and ingredients. My husband has been really enjoying the chocolate chip muffins from a local coffee shop but I wonder about the ingredients and that cost adds up.
He was very excited when I said I was going to make him some homemade chocolate chip muffins and they didn’t disappoint. There are healthier breakfast options but these are not bad and much better than picking up something on the go. They make a really nice breakfast treat.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.
- 2 cups homemade baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: brown sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix sugar and baking mix.
- Add wet ingredients, don't over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- Optional: sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Helpful hints: Using a ice cream scoop is an easy way to fill your muffin tins. And save your butter wrappers, they are perfect for greasing pans.
These freeze really well, just freeze on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Once totally frozen you can transfer them to a Pyrex container. Simply thaw overnight or warm in the microwave.
What are some of your favorite breakfasts for on-the-go or maybe every morning if you are like me and morning challenged?