Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is delicious and easy to make. It’s egg-free so even easier and quicker. It’s perfect for a Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment.
Every birthday I requested brownies and homemade ice cream instead of cake. I’ve always loved homemade ice cream. While I’ve had a ice cream ball I haven’t made it in awhile. It took a fair amount of time to make that way.
I love that it uses my KitchenAid stand mixer and isn’t a separate appliance I have to store. I store the bowl in my freezer so it’s ready when the mood strikes.
The first ice cream I had to try was a basic vanilla and my husband requested some edible cookie dough so of course I throw that in. We both loved it and it’s going to be a regular in our home.
Homemade ice cream is great because you can control the ingredients. A lot of ice creams have questionable ingredients. This ice cream uses simple ingredients. You likely already have them on hand.
You can even leave out the cookie dough, it will still be delicious. It’s a great base recipe for anything you want to add in. You also can change the type of dairy you use. I used half cream and half milk but you can use all cream, half and half, whatever works best for you. You can use all milk but it will be a little icy and not as creamy.
I can’t wait to create more ice cream flavors and you can be sure the good ones will end up here. Feel free to send me some suggestions. I love creating unique flavors.
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla
- pinch of salt
- mini chocolate chips
- edible cookie dough
- Mix the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt until the sugar dissolves.
- Follow the directions for your ice cream maker.
- While the ice cream is being made, roll small balls out of the edible cookie dough. Make this to taste.
- Put the cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, freeze.
- When the ice cream finishes gently fold in chocolate chips and cookie dough.
- Enjoy as a soft serve ice cream or freeze for at least 4 hours for normal ice cream.
Be sure to sign up for my mailing list below, to get freebies and exclusive content. You will also find out when I have new posts live.