Get started freezer cooking the easy way! These printables and a tools make freezer cooking a breeze.
I love freezer cooking it’s a great way to eat healthy food even when things get busy. I plan on doing more freezer cooking this year. There are a lot of tools that really help when you want to do freezer cooking. I thought I’d share those as well as some printables that are helpful.
Helpful Tools For Freezer Cooking
These items aren’t required to start making freezer meals but they make it a lot easier. Don’t feel like you need to buy all of these things all at once, or ever. And I always recommend watching for a sale on these kinds of items!
- Pyrex glass containers are my favorites for freezing food. They come in many sizes, are easy to stack, dishwasher safe, and affordable. You can find them on sale all of the time.
- Hand blenders, or immersion blenders, are perfect so many other things. I mostly use mine for soups but you can use them for pretty much anything you’d use a blender for. Be sure to look for one where the blending part is stainless steel and not plastic. The KitchenAid version is stainless steel and dishwasher safe.
- A KitchenAid stand mixer is a big investment but they are very useful! I use mine for everything from cookies to gnocchi. They come in a lot of beautiful colors. I have the crystal blue one pictured above, I love it!
- Waxed paper is a must when it comes to freezer meals. Be sure to look for one that is unbleached and uses a natural based wax. The waxed paper from If You Care is unbleached and uses soybean oil.
- Normally with freezer meals you won’t pre-cook the veggies but when you need to a stainless steel steamer basket is a must! They make great steamed veggies and don’t contain any plastic.
- Instant Pots are a great way to cook your meat for freezer meals. They are also great for making broths, soups and so much more.
Bonus Tool: Check out the Back to Basics Living Bundle. It has some great freezer cooking, meal planning and other cooking resources. You get 69 ebooks, 5 eCourses and subscriptions, and 12 bonus offers for less than $30. It’s only available until 1/22 so hurry and get your bundle.
Free Printables for Freezer Cooking
Printables are a great way to stay organized when freezer cooking. There are some amazing free ones available to use.