There are a lot of mixes out there for making cheddar biscuits but the ingredients aren’t so great. Making your own from scratch is very easy and delicious. These biscuits are a favorite in my home.
Makes 6 Biscuits
- 1 cup of homemade baking mix
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (plus a little extra for the top of the biscuits)
- Mix baking mix with garlic powder, parsley and cheese.
- Add in milk. Mix well.
- Top with extra cheese.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes.
Many recipes call for making garlic butter for the top but I find skipping this step and just putting butter on the finished biscuits is easier. I love to make up a large batch of the homemade baking mix to keep in the fridge, it makes this recipe super simple.