|February 9, 2014||Filled under Food, Recipes|
My husband and I are not the biggest fans of red sauces, we prefer cream sauce. However, we both really love this red sauce. And it’s really easy. I like to serve it over pasta with meatballs or just some ground beef/bison. It’s one of my go-to-meals when I need something quick. Feel free to change the amount of cream cheese and heavy cream to fit your tastes.
- 2 cups of spaghetti sauce (I use homemade but jar is fine)
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Optional: meat and parmesan cheese
- Heat sauce and add cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is melted, add meat if desired.
- Once all is heated, add cream.
- Serve over pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
If you make this recipe I’d love to hear what you thought. Share in the comments below or on my Facebook page.
|December 17, 2013||Filled under Green Holidays, Recipes|
I love to drink lots of hot drinks during the holidays. While tea is my favorite hot drink, I do enjoy coffee from time to time and this is one of my favorite ways to drink it.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer for more.
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- 1/2 cup of milk (a little less if frothing the milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brew coffee. I recommend a using a french press.
- While the coffee brews heat your milk, add the cocoa powder and sugar. Don’t let boil.
- Once the milk is heated and everything is well mixed, if you are frothing it go ahead and do so.
- If possible, pour the milk and coffee into the cup at the same time.
This can be made sweeter or less sweet depending on your taste. I highly recommend frothing the milk, it really does make a difference. You can get a milk frother for under $20 on Amazon. Some people may call this a mocha but mocha should be made with espresso so this is really just a chocolate version of café au lait , which is my favorite coffee drink. It’s a great drink for the holidays, you can even add a little bit of peppermint extract for an extra treat.
Be sure to check back all month for more Green Holiday Guide posts. And check out the Green Holiday Guide board on Pinterest for even more green holiday tips. And be sure to enter to win an infinity scarf.
|December 19, 2012||Filled under Recipes|
I love peppermint and put it in everything I can this time of year. And this year I decided that peppermint chocolate chip cookies would be a good idea, and it was! I have made a couple of batches already, some for my husband and I and I took some to my recycling coalition meeting. They have been a hit and they are very easy.
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips, to your tastes
- Crushed peppermint, optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs in the butter mixture.
- Mix in vanilla and peppermint extracts in the butter and egg mixture.
- Slowly mix in flour.
- Fold in chocolate, and if you are using crushed peppermint add it as well.
- Scoop out balls of dough, place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Be sure to check out my other recipes that are great for the holidays as well.
If you have a good holiday recipe be sure to post it in the comments below.