*This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.*
Freezer meals are a great way to save time. They can also save you money by helping you avoid eating out on busy days. Many freezer meal recipes you will find use not the best ingredients. However, there are many great options out there using real food ingredients. Here are a few to get you started.
Freezer Meal Recipes
- Homemade Pizzas
- Pizza Sauce
- Baked Potato Skins
- Chicken Stock
- Copycat Amy’s Mattar Paneer
- Skillet Mac & Cheese
- Crispy Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips
- Lasagna Rollups
- Waffles (click here for the Teflon-free waffle iron I own)
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Bean Stew
- Black Bean Patties
- Whole Wheat Pizza Roll Ups
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Manicotti
- Minestrone Soup
Freezer Meal Tips
- Use glass containers whenever possible. Especially when making acidic foods that can cause plastic to leach more.
- When making a meal that freezes well double it. Use one for dinner and freeze the other. It’s a very simple way to build up your freezer meal stock.
- Avoid canned ingredients and choose fresh, glass jars, or tetra-packs instead.
- Another great item to freeze is cookie dough. When making cookies go ahead and scoop the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Stick the dough in the freezer for about an hour or until the dough is frozen, place dough into a container and bake only what you need. This is also great for portion control!
- Be sure to safely freeze and thaw food! Check out the FDA’s website for more information.
- Label your food! Sure you know what it is now but you may not when you need it. Being in a hurry and not being sure what the meals in your freezer are, isn’t helpful! Click here for some free printable labels.
Do you freeze meals? What are your favorite recipes or tips? Share in the comments, I’d love to hear your thoughts!