|December 19, 2012||Filled under Recipes|
I love peppermint and put it in everything I can this time of year. And this year I decided that peppermint chocolate chip cookies would be a good idea, and it was! I have made a couple of batches already, some for my husband and I and I took some to my recycling coalition meeting. They have been a hit and they are very easy.
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips, to your tastes
- Crushed peppermint, optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs in the butter mixture.
- Mix in vanilla and peppermint extracts in the butter and egg mixture.
- Slowly mix in flour.
- Fold in chocolate, and if you are using crushed peppermint add it as well.
- Scoop out balls of dough, place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Be sure to check out my other recipes that are great for the holidays as well.
If you have a good holiday recipe be sure to post it in the comments below.