Halloween will be here before we know it! As a kid with a major sweet tooth, that loved to play dress up, I always loved Halloween.
Let’s be honest, I still have a sweet tooth and I still enjoy playing dress up!
One thing that has changed after all of these years is I’m better at listening to my mom and I make better food choices. She tried to get us to stick to healthier treats, before it was cool! But let’s be honest, what kid is really thinking about dyes and such in their candy?
Now I know why I should avoid things like dyes, artificial favors, etc… There are also so many more natural Halloween treat choices these days. I’m a bit jealous of the crunchy kids these days, “healthy” treats weren’t this good when I was a kid!
There are degrees of healthy in my list, you can go with candy that is just made with better ingredients or you can go all-out healthy and skip the candy. I also threw in some in between options.
Natural Halloween Treats
- All-Natural Zombie Brain Cupcakes– These adorable cupcakes use beet puree in place of artificial dyes. You’ll get all the fun of a cute cupcake without the after effects of the dyes.
- Tangerine Pumpkins– Going to a party and know it will be mostly sweets? These super cute tangerine pumpkins are a good alternative to all the sugar.
- Surf Sweets Spooky Spiders– These cute treats are allergy-friendly and all natural.
- Torie and Howard Hard Candies– These little organic hard candies are a good way to let your kids have a small treat.
- YumEarth Organic Pops– YumEarth suckers are delicious and also allergy-friendly. They are organic and made with real fruit juice.
- Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks– I love Annie’s products. They give kids fun shapes and the things they love from conventional products but with better ingredients.
- Other Halloween Candy– If you want more traditional candy check out Natural Candy Store. You will find chocolate pumpkins, chocolate coins, Halloween themed suckers, organic chocolate chews (a lot like Tootsie Rolls!), and so much more.
Your kids, and yourself, won’t feel deprived with these fun treats. I find most of them to be much better than the conventional Halloween candy and have to be careful to not keep too much around.
There are even more options out there so I’d love to hear what ones you have found. Do your kids have favorites? Maybe you have some favorites as well. Share in the comments below.