It’s starting to get cold around here and that means running the heater and dry skin. I keep lip balm around me all of the time during the winter but that’s not always enough.
I discovered lip scrubs several years ago. They are amazing and a great way to keep your lips soft and smooth all winter. The only problem is the ingredients are often not very good. Since this is a product going on your mouth it’s extra important to use natural ingredients, I prefer edible since you may end up with some in your mouth.
Put it in a cute container and it makes a wonderful gift. I’d package it with some organic lip balm for the perfect holiday lip kit. If the recipient enjoys lipstick you could also include a natural lipstick, my current favorite is the Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick. They are long lasting, highly pigmented, and moisturizing.
With just four natural ingredients you can whip this lip scrub up in no time. You can also increase the ingredients to make several at once.
- 2 teaspoons of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon of refined coconut Oil
- 4 drops of peppermint extract
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar and coconut oil, it’s easiest if the coconut oil is solid. If your coconut oil is liquid just stick it in the fridge for several minutes.
- Slowly add in peppermint extract, you can use more or less depending on your preference. Just be careful, peppermint extract is very strong.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Put in a clean, air tight container.
This is a simple gift but a fun one your friends are sure to enjoy. You could also include some peppermint bath bombs for a fun holiday spa gift.