It’s almost time for kids to head off back to school. Around here kids go back next month. So now’s the time to get all of your supplies together.
Many lunch boxes can contain harmful things like PVC, lead, BPA, and phthalates. And disposable paper bags cost a lot of money over time and are wasteful. Thankfully there are some great waste-free, safe options out there.
Eco-Friendly Lunch Boxes
1. Dabbawalla Bag – These insulated bags come in many different colors and are machine washable.
LunchSkins Lunch Tote – These are made from cotton fabric and a food safe coating. They even feature a place to write your child’s name. They can be washed in the dishwasher. (No longer available)
3. Kids Konserve Insulated Lunch Sack – These bags are made from recycled plastic bottles. I’m a big fan of Kid Konserve, read more about them by clicking here.
4. Milkdot Stöh Lunch Tote – These bags will stay cold up to 6 hours with an ice pack. They include an ID tag.
5. Keep Leaf Organic Cotton Insulated Lunch Bag – Made from 100% organic cotton, these bags come in four beautiful styles.
6. Reuseit Insulated Lunch Bag – These bags are great for kids and adults. They include a top pocket that is perfect for an ice pack and a mesh pocket on the back that is great for storing extra items.
A good quality lunch box will last your child many years and will save you money over time. Be sure to choose waste-free containers to go in you bags as well. Eco-Novice has a great list of her top picks of reusable lunch gear.
What are you sending with your kids this year? Share in the comments below.