Homemade pizza isn’t as hard as it sounds. It’s a bit time consuming but most of the time is spent with the dough rising. This dough recipe can also be used for calzones or breadsticks.
- 1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Knead until elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Let rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 450′.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into whatever shape you’d like.
- Transfer to lightly greased pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until slightly golden and firm.
- Add your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what toppings you like on your pizza!