Wondering, do I need an Instant Pot? Aren’t sure if it’s worth it. These are 6 reasons why you need an Instant Pot.
I spent a good couple of years researching slow cookers trying to find a 100% lead-free slow cooker. Companies seemed to always say they “met lead standards” but that doesn’t mean lead-free. Since you often use acidic things in slow cookers and it’s in there for awhile I really didn’t want any lead.
I had seen and heard a bit about the Instant Pot and was interested since it was stainless steel, therefore lead-free. Soon my friend Dr. Karen S. Lee started talking about it in a Facebook group we are in and blogging about it. She was making all kinds of neat things in her’s and I became very interested.
During Black Friday the one I was eyeing went on sale so my sweet husband offered to get it for me as an early Christmas gift. I have not been disappointed. I haven’t used it as much as I’d like to have yet but everything I’ve made with it has been awesome.
If you are on the fence or haven’t even heard of the Instant Pot here are 6 reasons why you should consider getting one.
6 Reasons You Need an Instant Pot
- It has multiple functions. It’s much more than a slow cooker. It’s actually an electric pressure cooker. Don’t worry it has lots of safety features so it’s not going to blow up like the stovetop versions were sometimes known to do. Depending on the model you get they can also function as a rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, and more.
- It can cook food really fast. The pressure cooker function is great when you are in a hurry. I made potato, broccoli and cheese soup in about 20 minutes in mine. It was delicious and tasted like it had been cooking for an hour or more. You can cook a whole frozen chicken in less than an hour.
- It has a slow cooker setting. You can start your dinner in the morning and set it to slow cooker, just like your normal slow cooker.
- It will keep your food warm. It has an automatic “keep warm” feature which can keep your food warm for up to 10 hours!
- You can saute in it. You can sauté foods right in the Instant Pot so you don’t have to dirty extra dishes. This is perfect for lots of things like soups where you may need to sauté onions and garlic, or other things before leaving the dish to cook.
- It’s easy to clean. The inner pot is removable and dishwasher safe. Clean up is super easy. If something is stuck on your pot, put a bit of water in the bottom, turn on the sauté function and let it boil for a few minutes. Everything should then come off very easily.
Sale Alert: Right now you can get the Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt. for only $99.96.
If you have an Instant Pot share some of the things you’ve made in your’s in the comments. I’d love more ideas. I’m excited to keep learning how to use it.
Once you have an Instant Pot be sure to check out 10 Basic Instant Pot Techniques.