Applegate Farms is one of the few bigger named meats I will buy. For most of our meat, I buy local food so that I know how it was raised. See I’m very picky about my meat, I want it to be raised organically and humanely. Here is what they say is they promise their customers-
- Our animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
- Our livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle in our organic program are grass-fed. Hogs and poultry in our organic program are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax that are free from GMOs.
- Our animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
- All of our products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email us and we’ll tell you what it is.
- Our products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
- Our products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve our products the natural and old fashioned way.
- Our deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
- Our products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even our hot dogs! No mystery here.
You can even track your products by using the code on the back and entering it in to the site. And to make all of this even better, their food tastes great as well.
I have tried the follow products; The Greatest Little Organic Smokey Pork Cocktail Franks, The Great Organic Hot Dogs, Organic Beef Hots, Organic Sunday Bacon, Organic Roasted Chicken cold cuts, Organic Roasted Turkey Breast cold cuts, Organic Uncured Ham cold cuts, Natural Pepperoni, Organic Beef Burgers, Organic Turkey Burgers, Organic Chicken Strips, Natural Chicken and Apple Breakfast Sausage, Natural Savory Turkey Breakfast Sausage, Natural Classic Pork Breakfast Sausage, Organic Provolone Cheese, and Organic Muenster Kase Cheese.
I have yet to find one of their products that I don’t like. Some of my favorites though are the Great Organic Hot Dogs, Organic Sunday Bacon, Organic Roasted Chicken cold cuts, Natural Pepperoni, and the Natural Chicken and Apple Breakfast Sausage. These are products I buy pretty often. I even have some of the hot dogs and sausage in my freezer right now. And we ate some of the sausage just the other day with some pancakes and even my husband that doesn’t like sausage that much really enjoyed them.
Applegate Farms products can be found at natural grocery stores all over as well as Whole Foods and even some big name conventional grocery stores. And you can order online. Be sure to check out their products, they are one company that is showing how meat should be raised and sold!
Disclaimer: I was giving some of these items to review by Applegate Farms. However, I was not paid for the review and these are my honest views. For more info please read my full disclaimer.