Thanksgiving is coming and it’s time to think about some delicious Thanksgiving desserts.
Thanksgiving is getting close. I have my menu almost all planned. I just can’t decide on dessert. As someone with a major sweet tooth and that loves to bake, it’s my favorite part of the meal. There are just so many great options out there.
Growing up our family always has had a potluck style Thanksgiving. That meant lots of great desserts. Pies, brownies, cookies, fudge, you name it we likely have had it. Some family favorites are my late great grandmother’s coconut cream pie and pineapple cream pie.
Now I also cook a Thanksgiving meal for my husband, in-laws, and myself. In the years past I’ve done both very traditional desserts like pies, using my great grandma’s recipe, and less traditional like Bailey’s cheesecakes. My only requirement is that I can make at least most of it ahead of time. There is so much to do on Thanksgiving it’s nice to have dessert already done.
I’ve been searching for the perfect dessert. While I’m searching I thought it would be fun to share some of the delicious recipes I’ve found. Just beware that this post may cause sugar cravings. I can’t be held responsible for any cheating on diets, you’ve been warned.
Delicious Thanksgiving Desserts
- Fresh Pumpkin Pie with Amaretto Streusel from The Baking Fairy
- Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Modern Homestead
- Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies from Bren Did
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie from Savory Tooth
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish from Retro Housewife Goes Green
- Apple Crisp from AKA Designs
Additional Resource: How to Host an All Organic Holiday Meal for $8 Per Person
- Soft Cranberry Sugar Cookies from Good + Simple
- Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
- Maple Sugar Cookies from Little Bits of Granola
- Apple Pie from Melanie Cooks
- Pumpkin Nut Roll from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Pumpkin Cheese Cake from Centsable Momma
Additional Resource: Thanksgiving Recipes and Resources
- Pumpkin Chocolate Ganache Cake from Taste and See
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding from Turning the Clock Back
- Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart from The Baking Fairy
Now to decide what I’m going to make this year. There are just too many choices but four people don’t need multiple desserts. We may want them but we shouldn’t have them.
I’d love to hear what you are making if you are making a dessert. Let me know in the comments.
Need help getting organized for Thanksgiving? Check out the Thanksgiving Planner.